Monday, May 26, 2008

Daily Info May 26, 2008


Today I created my first Blog to record events from the day. So far today we have been taking care of my Dad and ate breakfast. Lizzie and I woke up around 9:00 am and then helped Dad get out of bed and go for a short walk. The Physical Therapist came and did a few exercises with him. He is still having a few bladder spasms but much better than when he was at the hospital. He has just been tired and had sensitivity on his left leg and foot. Lizzie has been Little Nurse Lizzie and helped Grandma with getting Grandpa water and making sure he is doing OK.

We are now enjoying some quite time as Grandma and Grandpa went for a midday nap. It was a bit funny with both of them wearing their dark masks for sleep in the middle of the day. I know they can use some great sleep though and help each of them re-energize. Elizabeth has been enjoying some cartoons recently- Pokemon adventures. It has really got her attention. It's now commercial break and she is active into everything on the desk. I've said no several times and now she got the message:) She is now jumping on the bouncer and having fun saying Bouncy Bounce and Jumpy Jump. So cute:) Its amazing how much you truly have to keep your eye on her as she likes to get into different creams. I've had to clean her hands twice of cream.

I also went through all our Juice contacts and determined where each person lived and did some data analysis. I'll be contacting every person to do some more data analysis. That part should be fun:)

I want to create an autoresponder with some good content for weekly emails. I've been learning from my Marketing program that this is a great tool to build education and value in your business. So many things to learn so little time. I just watched a great Oprah program on Itunes that I downloaded about Business Success. I haven't watched the whole program but it was talking about when we work we should focus on our Strengths and make our balance more on our Strengths and delegate our weaknesses. Think about your stengths and list them out to help you focus on them and it will improve your days performance and enjoyment. Pretty cool stuff.

I'm really looking forward to our trip to Alaska this Thursday. Elizabeth and I will be flying together across the country. I'll be working on getting everything organized this week. Last night my mom and I stayed up until 1 am working on sorting Elizabeth's clothes and completed the task. She has now several pretty dresses and new things to wear. We also made a box of clothes for Madison her cousin. I think my next task is my clothes and then the garage cleaning.

Just had to put Lizzie in a time out for not listening. 2 minutes and then we will talk about better listening. Back and forth I go to put her back in her time out spot. I wonder how many times parents spend going back and forth. She is now saying I'm Sorry Mom. How do you keep her in time out when she is so sweet. Only 1 more minute to go. She is now out and we had our talk and hug.

I'll update sometime later if we have some other news but this is all for now.
Happiness Always,
Nicole & Lizzie

3 comments:

Jim Flothe said...

This is Jim in AK now. I am at my sister, Lauries, house in Sterling. Jake and Nathan are with me. Jake just tripped over a scooter, and was calling for his Daddy. He is laying on the bed crying, but not hurt bad. He is really mad at scooters in general and says he will never play with mine again. We are all going camping tonight at Crooked Creek campround near the Kasilof River. Have not decided yet if we will try for a king salmon or not. May be a tad early yet so may just enjoy camping out. Has been pretty chilly lately...in the upper thirties at night so will have to dress a little warm. The boys learned to fish yesterday and I was real proud of how quickly they each listned to my instructions and started to cast well right away. Have already taken lots of pictures and will snap more and more every day.

Jim

Nicole Flothe said...

Just read your comment and it made me smile! Your doing a great job with the boys and I'm real proud of you. Liz is taking a nap and we just had a nice chicken dinner.
I'm working on the autoresponder and learning many new things tonight. We hope you have a great time camping. The next thing we need to do is figure out how to add pictures or a link to see our pictures on facebook. My mom and I are really looking forward to seeing some pictures.

My Dad liked to hear the story and I think this is going to be great so keep up the comments when you can.

Give hugs and kisses to the boys.

Looking forward to more adventures.

Nicole

Jim Flothe said...

Just another update from AK....Jim, Laurie, Nicholas, Nate and Jake went camping at Crooked Creek campground Monday night. The camground had emptied out from the Memorial Weekend traffic so we had our pick of sites. We picked the one furthest away from the parking lot and closer to the river. Was a nice site, with good privacy (even though we were just about the only one's at the campground). Was good having so many kids along as they carried all the gear!

Tried out luck fishing...not many salmon in the river yet. Laurie hooked a jack king, probably about a 15lb'r, but the fish got off before we could bring it in. Later that night a mamma moose and her two new babies wandered down to the river for a drink. The babies were very cute and their legs were very wobbly. Jake was really excited to see them as they were smaller than him!

Tent was very cold that night...temps dropped down to around 30 degrees. The boys said they were fine, but I froze big time. Next time I need to bring mats to sleep on. They will keep us off the cold ground.

Today we will go check out our gold mine to see if the snow has melted enough for us to get in!

ShareThis

Live Feed

Business on a Budget

Visitor Map

Tag Cloud

Wordle: Blogging

Hit Counter